Friday, July 4, 2008

La Dolce Vita

Last movie watched: La Dolce Vita. I was pretty apprehensive about this, since its three hours of Fellini, but La Strada was absolutely wonderful, so I was ready to give this one a try (plus it is a classic).

Well, my reasons for being apprehensive were confirmed. It was long and wandering and I didn't enjoy it too much. However, I wasn't in the best mood when I watched it and I've heard you need to see it more than once to appreciate it. And I read about it online, so now I know more about the movie. I'll probably watch it again in a week or two.

I was also disappointed to find that this movie was not one of the 20 I have left to see from my 250 list. I could have sworn it was on there (it is on the list now, but I could have sworn it was on the list when I started five years ago)

No comments: