Thursday, July 10, 2008

City of God

I had seen this movie before, but because it is one of the top 15 movies ever made and I've only seen it once, I watched it again.

The version I had (a burned copy from my friend) didnt have subtitles, so I watched the movie in Brazilian and didn't understand a word. But the movie was still amazing. Great camerawork and cinematography, interesting characters, and even though I couldn't understand them, I still generally knew what they were saying (because I've seen the movie before and from tone of voice)

Because the film is such a visual treat, it worked watching it this way. But it would have been better with subtitles. While it was interesting, I don't recommend watching a foreign film without subtitles the first time you watch it. However, I do recommend it for subsequent viewing, but only if the movie is a visual treat like this one.

Anyways, City of God is amazing, best movie of the 2000s (yes better than There Will Be Blood).

No comments: