Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hannah and Her Sisters

I first saw Annie Hall. It was very funny, buy Woody Allen was so annoying and I had a hard time getting over it. Then I saw Match Point because it got great reviews and my roommates were having a get together at our house that I did not want to be at. It was amazing, but not funny in the slightest.

That was my Woody Allen experience until recently. I had to see Manhattan, since it was a top 250 movie. And it was very good. But then I saw Crimes and Misdemeanors - amazing. Well, I just saw Hannah and Her Sisters, very similar to Crimes and Misdemeanors and just as amazing. No one captures the life and love and beauty of everyday life better than Woody Allen.

Not only that, but Hannah and Her Sisters marks only the second movie (the other being Antione and Colette) where right after watching it, I had an inspiration for a movie of my own. Hopefully, I'll get to make it!

I can't wait to see his new movie. Early reviews say its his best yet.

No comments: